The following transportation guidelines were established and approved by the Clark-Shawnee Local Board of Education onMarch 21, 2006 for the 2006-2007 school year. We want to insure the safety of your child and this is difficult to do with frequent daily changes of drop-off and pick-up locations. Constant requests for changes can put your child at risk. Daily requests for changes are especially difficult because the changes must be communicated to many people; student, teacher, office personnel, bus supervisor, and bus driver. In order to keep your child safe, we are sharing the guidelines that will be in place next school year. For your information, we have a latch key program for grades 1-6 at Reid, Rockway, and Possum from 2:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
1) All bus stops drop-off and/or pick-up, must be arranged on a 9 week basis. (Due to child care needs, we will allow that the pick-up location may be different than the drop-off location. Drop-off and pick-up locations must be within the same school attendance area).
2) In order for us to provide transportation to and from child care/baby sitting, the providers address must be on an existing bus route of the school attendance area. Bus routes change all throughout the school year which could bring about the possibility that the care provider would no longer be on an established route. Parents will be given to the end of the 9 weeks to find either alternate transportation or a different care giver. If the route changes towards the end of the 9 weeks, additional time may be granted to secure a new sitter or day care provider.
3) Daily emergency changes will only be accepted if they are in writing by the parent/guardian and approved by the principal’s office. (Approval will be based on space availability on the bus).
4) Changes requested by phone will only be approved in emergency situations.
5) Latchkey students may not ride middle school buses except in cases of emergency.
Our drivers strive to ensure that every student is transported safely and the drivers need your support in maintaining consistency in bus pick-up and drop-off locations.
Paul Oakley, Transportation Supervisor Brad Silvus , Assistant Superintendent